Papaya is packed with number of health benefits for us. Papaya is a very common fruit and the best part is it is available throughout the year. It is good for overall health and is specially considered good for stomach and is helpful in digestion.
Vitamin C and vitamin A, which is made in the body from the beta-carotene in papaya, are both needed for the proper function of a healthy immune system. Papaya may therefore be a healthy fruit choice for preventing such illnesses as recurrent ear infections, colds and flu.
Anti-oxidants in Papaya It is a fruit high in fiber which lowers cholesterol levels. It contains antioxidants which prevents the cholesterol from oxidizing. When cholesterol in the body gets oxidized, it can lead to heart-attacks. The anti-oxidants in papaya also help in controlling premature ageing, which helps to give a young look.
Papaya for the Skin A papaya face pack can also be made using the fruit. Papaya is a product from nature which is used in many skin lightening creams. Many of the lotions or creams which are used to make the face lighter or fairer contain papaya as an ingredient. It also helps in getting rid of acne because when papaya is applied as a face pack it helps to open the pores and makes the skin glow. It contains the enzyme papain which helps to dissolve dead skin ,thus imparting a fresh and clean glow to the face.
Here are some more interesting Papaya nutrition facts –
· Papaya contains a high amount of potassium and its is very high in Vitamin A.
· It contains protein which is a digestive enzyme that helps in natural digestion process.
· Papaya juice helps in alleviating infections of the colon by clearing away the infection, pus and mucus. Regular consumption will help in improving the problem.
· The skin of papaya is excellent for treating skin wounds and places that do not heal quickly.
· Papaya is low in calories and high in nutritive value hence it is an excellent food for those on a diet.
· Regularly consuming papaya helps to relieve morning sickness and nausea.
Papaya has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-cancerous properties. The anti-inflammatory properties will help reduce pain for those suffering from arthritis, edema and osteoporosis.
· It is also very good for the hair and helps in controlling dandruff. Papaya shampoos are good for the hair and are available in many health stores.
· Papayas may be very helpful for the prevention of atherosclerosis and diabetic heart disease.
· Papaya cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 3 to 4 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines.
Thus, if you love to eat papaya, it is great because along with savouring the taste you are also ingesting all the benefits associated with eating the fruit, which will result in good health for you!